COMING SOON! PREORDER YOUR COPY NOW FOR DELIVERY BEFORE 23RD DECEMBER
By Campbell Devine
Ian Hunter’s fifty-year-long career and extensive repertoire of percipient, creative songs have earned him a reputation as a true rock phenomenon.
This second part of a two-volume authorised biography offers inside stories from Ian’s solo career following his departure from Mott the Hoople, including his collaborations with Mick Ronson, Queen and Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band, and reflects on resonant recordings such as ‘You’re Never Alone with a Schizophrenic’, ‘Shrunken Heads’, ‘Fingers Crossed’, ‘Once Bitten Twice Shy’, ‘Ships’ and ‘Dandy’ – his homage to David Bowie.
Based on interviews with Ian Hunter and an impressive cast of supporting characters, ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Sweepstakes: Hunter by Proxy’ is a fascinating and frank exploration of Ian’s honest and distinctive style, his articulate “better than Dylan” writing and the absurdity of music-related fame.
This slipcase edition – limited to 500 copies – contains the following exclusive rarities:
- Rock ’n’ Roll Sweepstakes: Volume Two: Hunter by Proxy, signed by Hunter
- Mott the Hoople ‘Like a Rolling Stone’ CD – “lost” 1971 BBC Radio session recording
- 4 Ian Hunter tour passes
- 5 Mott/Hunter postcards
- Sixties Hurricane Henry and the Shriekers business card
- Mott the Hoople Sea Divers fan club membership card
- Hunter’s handwritten ‘Violence’ lyrics from the Mott sessions
- CBS Canada 1976 promotional biography
- The removable memorabilia box allows the slipcase to accommodate Rock ’n’ Roll Sweepstakes: Volume One: Mott’s the Story, available to purchase here.
Publication Date: December 2020
Extent: 544 pages
Format: Slipcase Edition
EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE FROM OMNIBUS PRESS